Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Lesson Planning

(Previously posted on Fidelity Hill Farm on July 11, 2013)

This past week I have been obsessively lesson planning.  It is a rather inconvenient time, as the garden is being overtaken by weeds and my oldest has a big birthday party this weekend, but I'll take advantage of the inspiration when it hits.  I put together a tentative weekly schedule for this next year.  I've found that the more organized I am on a daily basis ahead of time, the more I can simply follow a checklist when I lose steam. For strict Amblesiders, I switched some of the literature stories with the Book of Virtues to coincide with our habit training.  I also decided to try undertaking Plutarch this year; we'll see how that goes!

Weekly Schedule (AOy2)



Monday:
History
Circle time: Bible, folk song
Readings: Our Island Story
      Child’s History of the World
       Little Duke
Math, copywork, free read
Notes
Tuesday:
Literature
Circle time: Bible, poetry
Readings: Shakespeare
                Book of Virtues
                Pilgrim’s Progress
Math, copywork, free read

Wednesday:
Natural Science
Circle time: Bible, art
Readings: Burgess Animal Book
Nature study
Math, copywork, free read

Thursday:
Geography/
Biography
Circle time: Bible, recitation
Readings: Tree in the Trail
                Plutarch
Trial and Triumph
Math, copywork, free read

Friday:
Foreign Language/
Language Arts
Circle time: Bible, German
German
Spelling/phonics
Catch up





No comments:

Post a Comment